Coming up in tonight’s show…
- Cracking open the TRS-80 Model 4P
- Apple //gs laptop
- Geek Weddings
On This Day in Tech History
- 1635 – First public school in the United States, Boston Latin School, is founded in Boston, Massachusetts.
- 1827 – William Rowan Hamilton presents his Theory of systems of rays.
- 1867 – William Lincoln patents the zoetrope, a machine which
produces an illusion of action from a rapid succession of static
- 1982 – The ZX Spectrum is released.
- 1985 – Coca-Cola changes its formula and releases New Coke.
(The response is overwhelmingly negative, and the original formula is
back on the market in less than 3 months.)
- 1516 – Georg Fabricius, German poet, historian, and archaeologist (d. 1571)
- 1564 – William Shakespeare, (guessed to be born on this day) English poet and playwright (d. 1616)
- 1628 – Johann van Waveren Hudde, Dutch mathematician (d. 1704)
- 1746 – F