Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
On This Day In History for November 27, 2019
This is the 331st day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 34 days remaining in 2019.
- It was on this date in 1839, that In Boston, Massachusetts, the American Statistical Association is founded.
- That same date in 1895, At the Swedish-Norwegian Club in Paris, Alfred Nobel signed his last will and testament, setting aside his estate to establish the Nobel Prize after he dies.
- It was on this date in 1924, that In New York City, the first Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is held.
- 48 years ago today, The Soviet space program’s Mars 2 orbiter releases a descent module. It malfunctions and crashes, but it is the first man-made object to reach the surface of Mars.
- It was 18 years ago today, that A hydrogen atmosphere is discovered on the extrasolar planet Osiris by the Hubble Space Telescope, the first atmosphere detected on an extrasolar planet.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- American businessman, Cornelius Vanderbilt II, born on this date in 1843.
- Charles Scott Sherrington, the English physiologist, bacteriologist, and pathologist, Nobel Prize laureate was born 162 years ago today.
- Born November 27, 1871, Italian physicist and engineer Giovanni Giorgi.
- Japanese businessman, founded Panasonic, Konosuke Matsushita, born on this date in 1894.
- Lars Onsager, the Norwegian-American chemist and physicist, Nobel Prize laureate was born 116 years ago today.
- Russian mathematician and theorist, Anatoly Maltsev was born 110 years ago today.
- American actor and television host, Buffalo Bob Smith, born on this date in 1917.
- Eddie Rabbitt, the American singer-songwriter and guitarist was born 78 years ago today.
- American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer, Jimi Hendrix, born on this date in 1942.
- Also born on that same date in 1955, American engineer, educator, and television host, Bill Nye.
- Also turning 62 today is American game designer and author Michael A. Stackpole.
- 01 – Claudio Miranda (ClaudioM)
- 02 – Ben Fryxell from the MacMania Podcast
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for November 27, 2019
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our Wiki.
- An artificial retina that could help restore sight to the blind | Stanford School of Engineering
- Google’s “Loon” Internet Flies Into The Amazon After Connecting Kenya
- There’s a Violent Battle Between Solar Wind and Cosmic Rays, and Voyager 2 Just Passed Through it | Live Science
- Scientists ‘have found a FIFTH force of nature’ | Daily Mail Online
Shout out to the chat room
What us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Kyle Nishioka||Avner Braverman||Ben Vaughan||Mike Wills|
|Mega Podtastic||Nightgig Studios||Gary Lindros||John Clifford|
|Leon||John Noble||Chris MC||Alexis Duran|
|Saturday Morning Media||Steve Therrien||Jorge Schrauwen||John Miller Jr.|
|Amber Elstad||Harold McKinstry||Amy Bowen||Denise Inglis|
|Stephen Wesche||Dean Jenson||DanDMan Coyer||Encaf1|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
- Machine learning has revealed exactly how much of a Shakespeare play was written by someone else – MIT Technology Review
Question of the week:
- What is the most “Glitch in The Matrix” experience you’ve had?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at email@example.com
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five