Coming up in this episode…
- Cosplayers save the holiday!
Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
Hey Chuck and Kreg!
Great show as always! BTW, I think you have a successor to Izerol with “oh-knee-zuh-roo-knee” (OneZeroOne). Time for another bumper! Git on it!!! 🙂
As for what video game I’d want to be reborn in when I die, I refer to my answer for the previous question (Gyruss) especially with that T&F in Dm theme. No Man’s Sky would be a good one, too. I’ll even throw in some interactive fiction like Adventure, Zork, and Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. And, sure, why not be the block in Atari’s Adventure? Nothing like fending off giant ducks and carrying a huge pair of….brackets (the bridge). 🙂
Oh, and Kreg?
(Though I’m sure you’ll own me anyway lol.)
0x5! (Or is that Ox-Five??)
Question of the week
When you die, in what video game would you like to be reborn?
Live in Chat
- John Miller Jr – Mega Man X.
- Mike Wills – Final Fantasy
Ooh! I should have waited until the end to respond because I just heard Kreg’s game for reincarnating in! Glad I’m not the only one who would pick Gyruss even if Kreg does wipe the pixelated floor with me in it. As I said, IT’S ON!! 🙂
On This Day In History for December 19, 2018
This is the 353rd day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 12 days remaining in 2018.
- It was on this date in 1606, that The ships Susan Constant, Godspeed, and Discovery depart England carrying settlers who founded, at Jamestown, Virginia, the first of the thirteen colonies that became the United States.
- Also today in 1776, Thomas Paine publishes one of a series of pamphlets in The Pennsylvania Journal entitled “The American Crisis”.
- It was also this date in 1924 that The last Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost is sold in London, England.
- Also on December 19, 1932, BBC World Service begins broadcasting as the BBC Empire Service.
- 46 years ago today, the last manned lunar flight, Apollo 17, crewed by Eugene Cernan, Ronald Evans, and Harrison Schmitt, returns to Earth.
- That same date in 2013, Spacecraft Gaia is launched by European Space Agency.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- American astronomer and educator, John Winthrop, born on this date in 1714.
- Albert Abraham Michelson, Prussian-American physicist, chemist, and academic, Nobel Prize laureate was born on that same date in 1852.
- American mathematician, Grace Marie Bareis was born 143 years ago today.
- Born December 19, 1901, German engineer, invented the Hellschreiber Rudolf Hell.
- Ukrainian-Russian marshal, engineer, and politician, 4th Head of State of the Soviet Union, Leonid Brezhnev was born 112 years ago today.
- American actress, Cicely Tyson is 94 today.
- Born December 19, 1924, Italian engineer Carlo Chiti.
- Also born on that same date in 1944, Kenyan paleontologist and politician, Richard Leakey.
- American actor and director, Tim Reid is 74 today.
- Robert Urich, the American actor and producer was born 72 years ago today.
- Also turning 55 today is American model and actress Jennifer Beals.
- American magician, Criss Angel is 51 today.
- Also turning 46 today is American actress and television personality Alyssa Milano.
- 20 – Phil Burchill the 9 year old I started listening to Technorama with turned 21 this year (2017)!
- 21 – James Ballard KarakSindru
- 22 – Bo Pace
- 22 – Luke “Chuck’s Stalker” Smith (2000)
- 22 – Jason Pelloni, Tampa, FL
- 23 – Richard Green
- 24 – MaDBooM
- 25 – Joel Parks (Agrojag-Ama)
- 29 – CMenn
- 31 – Shadowbird’s Mom
- 31 – Mr. Sim (aka Jeremy from Winnipeg)
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our Wiki.
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for December 19, 2018
- WTF!: Factory Worker Speared By 10 Separate Foot-Long Metal Spikes After Robot Malfunctions – Geekologie
- Russian State TV Shows Off ‘Robot’ That’s Actually a Man in a Robot Suit
- The 25 Most Popular Passwords of 2018 Will Make You Feel Like a Security Genius
Hacks & Strange Stories
Shout out to the chat room
What us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Kyle Nishioka||Avner Braverman||Ben Vaughan||Mike WIlls|
|Mega Podtastic||Nightgig Studios||Gary Lindros||John Clifford|
|Leon||John Noble||Chris MC||Alexis Duran|
|Saturday Morning Media||Steve Therrien||Jorge Schrauwen||John Miller Jr.|
|Amber Elstad||Harold McKinstry||Amy Bowen|
If you want to become a patron, visit https://patreon.com/technoramapodcast. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast.
Question of the week
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Or even a review on the iTunes music store.
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five