Coming up in this episode…
- Super Bowl
Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
On This Day In History for February 7, 2018
This is the 38th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 327 days remaining in 2018.
- It was on this date in 1907, that launched The Mud March – the first large procession organized by the National Union of Women’s Suffrage Societies (NUWSS).
- February 7, 1940, The second full-length animated Walt Disney film, Pinocchio, premieres.
- It was also this date in 1984 during Space Shuttle mission STS-41 -B, Astronauts Bruce McCandless II and Robert L. Stewart make the first untethered space walk using the Manned Maneuvering Unit (MMU).
- Also on February 7, 1990, The Central Committee of the Soviet Communist Party agrees to give up its monopoly on power as part of the Dissolution of the Soviet Union.
- On February 7, 1997, NeXT merges with Apple Computer, starting the path to Mac OS X.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- American blacksmith and businessman, founder of Deere & Company, John Deere, born on this date in 1804.
- Charles Dickens, English Novelist and critic was born on that same date in 1812.
- American author, Laura Ingalls Wilder, born on this date in 1867.
- Thomas Andrews, Irish shipbuilder and businessman, designed the RMS Titanic was born on that same date in 1873.
- G. H. Hardy, the English mathematician and geneticist was born 141 years ago today.
- Joseph Algernon Pearce, Canadian astrophysicist and astronomer was born on that same date in 1893.
- Russian engineer, founded the Antonov Aircraft Company, Oleg Konstantinovich Antonov was born 112 years ago today.
- Bill Hoest, American cartoonist was born on that same date in 1926.
- Also born on that same date in 1932, American colonel, pilot, and astronaut, Alfred Worden.
- Also turning 83 today is American businessman and politician Herb Kohl.
- American singer-songwriter and guitarist, Garth Brooks is 56 today.
- American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter, Chris Rock, born on this date in 1965.
- 07 – Chad W. Smith from Chattanooga, TN
- 07 – Bryon the Big BS in PA, Williamsport PA
- 08 – Jan Scott from Yorkshire, UK
- 09 – “Podcast” Mike Wills from Minnesota
- 10 – Zach Akgulian – Appleton, WI
- 10 – Drace (Shari from ND)
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our Wiki.
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for February 7, 2018
- Infamous Atari Player Disqualified From World Record After 35 Years
- Tesla Expands Sales of Solar Gear at Home Depot – Bloomberg
Shout out to the chat room
What us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Avner Braverman||Ben Vaughan||Mike WIlls|
|John Noble||Chris MC|
|Saturday Morning Media||Steve Therrien||Kyle Nishioka||Jorge Schrauwen|
|John Clifford||Gary Lindros||Nightgig Studios|
If you want to become a patron, visit https://patreon.com/technoramapodcast. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast.
- Hasbro Releasing A Special ‘Cheaters Edition’ Of Monopoly – Geekologie
- 30+ People Who Quit Their Jobs With Style | Bored Panda
- The Creators Of That Silly Homemade Revenge of the Sith Remake Are Tackling Attack of the Clones Next
Question of the week:
- Would you have taken the Red Pill or the Blue Pill? …and Why?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at email@example.com
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Or even a review on the iTunes music store.
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five