Coming up in this episode…
- Warren Buffett
Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- What TV Show Has the Best Theme Song?
- John Noble: The Addams Family
- Mike Wills: Deadliest Catch
- Rob Riehl: Airwolf
- Joel Harper: SWAT
- Doug Schulze: A-Team
- Jack Mangan: Doctor Who, Barney Miller, Knight Rider
- Tee Morris: Star Trek
- Dan Shaurette: Highlander
- Thomas Hausmann: Hawaii Five-O or Mission Impossible
- Jonathan Strickland: Peter Gunn
- Gary Lindros: A-Team
- Krazy Joe: WKRP
- Diana Lewis Mission Impossible was the best, but Andy Griffith was the catchiest.
- Justin Diehl: Night Court
- JT Shea: Bonanza or Lone Ranger
- Rob Riehl: Original Battlestar Galactica
- Martin DeFant Ground Forces from England featuring the Black Dyke Brass Band!
- Liisa Tomasi: The Andy Griffith Show
- CJ: Bosom Buddies
On This Day In History for January 17, 2018
This is the 17th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 348 days remaining in 2018.
- It was on this date in 1773, that Captain James Cook commands the first expedition to sail south of the Antarctic Circle.
- It was also this date in 1899 that The United States takes possession of Wake Island in the Pacific Ocean.
- It was on this date in 1912, that Captain Robert Falcon Scott reaches the South Pole, one month after Roald Amundsen.
- January 17, 1917, The United States pays Denmark $25 million for the Virgin Islands.
- Also on January 17, 1929, Popeye the Sailor Man, a cartoon character created by E. C. Segar, first appears in the Thimble Theatre comic strip.
- 21 years ago today, Cape Canaveral Air Force Station: A Delta II carrying a GPS2R satellite explodes 13 seconds after launch, dropping 250 tons of burning rocket remains around the launch pad.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- German physician and botanist, Leonhart Fuchs, born on this date in 1501.
- Robert Fludd, the English physician, astrologer, and mathematician was born 444 years ago today.
- Born January 17, 1706, American publisher, inventor, and politician, 6th President of Pennsylvania Benjamin Franklin.
- Polish mathematician and academic, Antoni Łomnicki, born on this date in 1881.
- Born January 17, 1886, American pilot and businessman, founded the Glenn L. Martin Company Glenn L. Martin.
- Nevil Shute, English engineer and author was born on that same date in 1899.
- American actress, game show panelist, television personality, and animal rights activist, Betty White is 96 today.
- Vidal Sassoon, English-American hairdresser and businessman was born on that same date in 1928.
- Also born on that same date in 1931, American actor, James Earl Jones.
- American actress, puppeteer/ventriloquist, and television host, Shari Lewis, born on this date in 1933.
- Born January 17, 1949, American actor and comedian Andy Kaufman.
- Also born on that same date in 1964, American lawyer and activist, 46th First Lady of the United States, Michelle Obama.
- Also turning 48 today is Russian-American animator, director, and producer Genndy Tartakovsky.
- American singer-songwriter and actress, Zooey Deschanel, born on this date in 1980.
- 17 – fuffy_frog (aka Kristina) originally from Canada but now from Thailand
- 21 – Michael Rabalais – Stingray42
- 22 – TAW012294
- 23 – Kathie Luke, IL
- 23 – Chris Moody from PodioMedia Chat
- 23 – Keith Lane from TGGeeks
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our Wiki.
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for January 17, 2018
- The new ‘Cosmos’ returns for second season in spring 2019
- NASA is investigating X-Ray navigation in space
- Warren Buffett Predicts ‘Bad Ending’ for Cryptocurrencies – Slashdot
Hacks & Strange Stories
Shout out to the chat room
What us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Avner Braverman||Ben Vaughan||Mike WIlls||Leon|
|John Noble||Amy Bowen||Chris MC||Alexis Duran|
|Saturday Morning Media||Steve Therrien||Kyle Nishioka||Jorge Schrauwen|
|John Clifford||Gary Lindros|
If you want to become a patron, visit https://patreon.com/technoramapodcast. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
Question of the week:
- Which superhero or villain would you pick a fight with? Hint: You have no powers
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Or even a review on the iTunes music store.
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five