Coming up in this episode…
- Stars and Planets
Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- Avner loves “Gandalf the Fuscia”
On This Day In History for November 22, 2017
This is the 326th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 39 days remaining in 2017.
- It was on this date in 1928, that the premier performance of Ravel’s Boléro takes place in Paris.
- Also on November 22, 1935, the China Clipper inaugurates the first commercial transpacific air service, connecting Alameda, California with Manila.
- November 22, 1954, the Humane Society of the United States is founded.
- It was 54 years ago today, that U.S. President John F. Kennedy is assassinated and Texas Governor John Connally is seriously wounded by Lee Harvey Oswald.
- Also today in 1968, The Beatles release The Beatles (known popularly as The White Album).
- 40 years ago today, British Airways inaugurates a regular London to New York City supersonic Concorde service.
- Also on November 22, 1987, Two Chicago television stations are hijacked by an unknown pirate dressed as Max Headroom.
- It was 29 years ago today, in Palmdale, California, the first prototype B-2 Spirit stealth bomber is revealed.
- 22 years ago today, Toy Story is released as the first feature-length film created completely using computer-generated imagery.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- English ornithologist and ichthyologist, Francis Willughby, born on this date in 1635.
- René-Robert Cavelier, Sieur de La Salle, French-American explorer was born on that same date in 1643.
- English businessman, founder of the Thomas Cook Group, Thomas Cook was born 209 years ago today.
- Born November 22, 1897, German astronomer and educator Paul Oswald Ahnert.
- French physicist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate, Louis Néel, born on this date in 1904.
- Mikhail Mil, the Russian engineer, founded the Mil Moscow Helicopter Plant was born 108 years ago today.
- American colonel, pilot, and astronaut, Guion Bluford is 75 today.
- American computer scientist, engineer, and academic, Elaine Weyuker, born on this date in 1945.
- Also turning 67 today is American singer-songwriter, guitarist, producer, and actor Steven Van Zandt.
- American actress, Jamie Lee Curtis, born on this date in 1958.
- American computer programmer and author, Randal L. Schwartz is 56 today.
- Also born on that same date in 1961, American actress, Mariel Hemingway.
- American actor and activist, Mark Ruffalo, born on this date in 1967.
- Also turning 44 today is American astronomer and scholar Chad Trujillo.
- Also born on that same date in 1980, American computer programmer and businessman, founded Napster, Shawn Fanning.
- American actress, Scarlett Johansson, born on this date in 1984.
- 22 – Tom Posz – (from California, USA)
- 25 – Lane Williams
- 26 – Joanie
- 27 – Brad P. from NJ
- 28 – Ben Sweetser
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our Wiki.
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for November 22, 2017
- The ISS is getting a long, long overdue printer upgrade
- An Elaborate Planetary System May Exist Around Our Nearest Star
Hacks & Strange Stories
Shout out to the chat room
What us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Avener Braverman||Ben Vaughan||Mike WIlls||Leon|
|John Noble||Amy Bowen||Chris MC||Alexis Duran|
|Saturday Morning Media||Steve Therrien||Kyle Nishioka||Jorge Schrauwen|
|(Your Name Here)||(Your Name Here)||(Your Name Here)||(Your Name Here)|
If you want to become a patron, visit https://patreon.com/technoramapodcast. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast.
- Report: Amazon Is Working With Warner Bros. to Make Its Own Lord of the Rings TV Show
- Ben Affleck Stole Some Batarangs From the Justice League Set
- Kreg and Chuck – Saw Thor Ragnarok
Question of the week:
- What’s the stupidest piece of tech you’ve seen?
- Answers (so far)…
- Andy Helsby Windows ME. Fortunately I didn’t have to see it that much.
- Terry Taylor Retracting cup holder on PC’s
- Rick Stringer 3D televisions
- Gary Lindros Electric can openers
- Patti Effertz Blue dot on puck on hockey games on tv
- Joe Westrich Bluetooth Toothbrush
- Cian Mac Mahon I once saw a fork with a motor on it so you didn’t need to twirl your own spaghetti while eating it. Except it went super fast so I assume you’d end up with sauce all over yourself and your friends. So stupid.
- Dean Jensen rfid rings
- Eric Szonyi – Corded toy monster truck
- Mark Lietha Pet rock…oops (for smashing stupid tech)
- Michael Malcangio CueCat – https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CueCat
- Gary Lindros and Dean Jensen replied “I still have one of those – great barcode reader.”
- Norbert Davis This takes the cake… well, ok, poorly stated but you get the drift. Illuminated toilet night light
- Lone Guise Knight USB Pet Rock – http://www.quertime.com/…/uploads/2017/06/usb-pet-rock.jpg
- Billy Flynn Bluetooth fork
- Weber Baker Fridge with internet
- Pamela L Gay IoT hairbrush
- Michael Slabodnick The book – https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pQHX-SjgQvQ
- Mark Trubl IoT Toothbrush
- Liisa Tomasi That juicer that needed to be connected to the internet for some reason and really just squeezed a bag of vegetable pulp.
- Paul R Berg Worn out, hard, old eraser
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at email@example.com
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Or even a review on the iTunes music store.
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five