Coming up in this episode…
- Crypt Keeper
- Phoenix Comicon review
Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- Shout out to Matt and his awesome Dr. Who Mini Cooper
On This Day In History for June 7, 2017
This is the 158th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 207 days remaining in 2017.
- It was on this date in 1654, that Louis XIV is crowned King of France.
- That same date in 1776, Richard Henry Lee presents the “Lee Resolution” to the Continental Congress. The motion is seconded by John Adams and will lead to the United States Declaration of Independence.
- June 7, 1862, the United States and the United Kingdom agree in the Lyons–Seward Treaty to suppress the African slave trade.
- Also on June 7, 1893, Mohandas Gandhi commits his first act of civil disobedience.
- American Temperance crusader Carrie Nation begins her campaign of vandalizing alcohol-serving establishments by destroying the inventory in a saloon in Kiowa, Kansas. on this date in 1899.
- It was also this date in 1906 that Cunard Line’s RMS Lusitania is launched from the John Brown Shipyard, Glasgow (Clydebank), Scotland.
- It was 88 years ago today, that The Lateran Treaty is ratified, bringing Vatican City into existence.
- That same date in 1938, The Douglas DC-4E makes its first test flight.
- On June 7, 1955, Lux Radio Theatre signs off the air permanently. The show launched in New York in 1934, and featured radio adaptations of Broadway shows and popular films.
- June 7, 1971, the United States Supreme Court overturns the conviction of Paul Cohen for disturbing the peace, setting the precedent that vulgar writing is protected under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.
- It was also this date in 1977 that 500,000,000 people watch the high day of the Silver Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II begin on television.
- It was on this date in 1982, that Priscilla Presley opens Graceland to the public; the bathroom where Elvis Presley died five years earlier is kept off-limits.
- 26 years ago today, Mount Pinatubo erupts, generating an ash column 7 kilometres (4.3 mi) high.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- German physicist, Philipp Lenard, born on this date in 1862.
- Born June 7, 1879, Dutch astronomer Joan Voûte.
- Robert S. Mulliken, the American physicist and chemist was born 121 years ago today.
- Marion Post Wolcott, American photographer was born on that same date in 1910.
- Evi Nemeth, the American engineer was born 77 years ago today.
- Irish actor from Northern Ireland, Liam Neeson, born on this date in 1952.
- Born June 7, 1958, American singer, songwriter, musician and actor Prince (musician).
- Also born on that same date in 1959, 48th Vice President of the United States, Mike Pence.
- Chief Scout, adventurer, author, Bear Grylls is 43 today.
- Also turning 39 today is American comedian and actor Bill Hader.
- Australian actress, Anna Torv is 38 today.
- 08 – Bobby Irvin
- 10 – Evo Terra
- 10 – Tim (from Australia)
- 10 – Weber (BTW June 10 – AA was founded 1935)
- 11 – CJ
- 12 – Chuck’s Dad
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our Wiki.
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for June 7, 2017
Hacks & Strange Stories
Shout out to the chat room
What us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Kyle Nishioka||Mike Wills||Steve Therrien||Saturday Morning Media|
|Chris MC||Alexis Duran||Ben Vaughn||Dennis Patnaude|
|Nick St. Gabriel||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman||Leon|
|John Noble||Brad P from NJ||Kay Bohmont|
If you want to become a patron, visit https://patreon.com/technoramapodcast. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast.
This week: Phishing attack or not? – Chuck’s story
- Crypt Keeper will stay where he is at
- Audio Interview with Rachel and Charlie
- Quick Note: Sense8 has been canceled after 2 seasons
- Amazon now has Omni
- Phoenix Comicon Review
Question of the week:
- What movie should never have been made?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at email@example.com
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Or even a review on the iTunes music store.
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five