Coming up in this episode…
- Rick and Morty
- Dr. Who
Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- Voicemail from Krazy Joe
- Voicemail from John Miller Jr.
- How many steps do you take at a time when going up stairs?
- Jorge: 1-3
- Digital Dan Hook: 2 steps at a time, since being tall
- What movie would like to forget and rewatch
- Jorge: Jurassic Park
On This Day In History for April 26, 2017
This is the 116th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 249 days remaining in 2017.
- It was on this date in 1564, that Playwright William Shakespeare is baptized in Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, England (date of actual birth is unknown).
- It was also this date in 1607 that English colonists make landfall at Cape Henry, Virginia.
- On April 26, 1803, Thousands of meteor fragments fall from the skies of L’Aigle, France; the event convinces European scientists that meteors exist..
- The Duke of York weds Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon at Westminster Abbey on this date in 1923.
- April 26, 1933, The Gestapo, the official secret police force of Nazi Germany, is established.
- Also today in 1962, NASA’s Ranger 4 spacecraft crashes into the Moon.
- 31 years ago today, A nuclear reactor accident occurs at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in the Soviet Union (now Ukraine), creating the world’s worst nuclear disaster.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- Emperor of Ancient Rome, Marcus Aurelius, born on this date in 121.
- British physicist, Owen Willans Richardson was born 138 years ago today.
- Rudolf Hess, German Nazi leader was born on that same date in 1894.
- German flying ace, Ernst Udet, born on this date in 1896.
- Seismologist and mathematician, Charles Francis Richter was born 117 years ago today.
- Born April 26, 1916, Leading exponent of autogyros Ken Wallis.
- Actress, comedienne, singer, dancer, writer, Carol Burnett, born on this date in 1933.
- Also turning 84 today is American physicist Arno Allan Penzias.
- English drummer and member of Duran Duran, Roger Taylor is 57 today.
- Slovenian model, wife of Donald Trump and First Lady of the United States, Melania Trump, born on this date in 1970.
- Italian ESA astronaut, Samantha Cristoforetti is 40 today.
- 29 – Shepherd Thom from outside of the known universe
- 29 – Timothy Karre
- 30 – Julio Diaz (JulioTijuana)
- 01 – Technorama Podcast (2005)
- 03 – Keao Wright
- 03 – Leon
- 05 – Joe Mieczkowski host of Onthepodcast
- 06 – Amber Pace (not really a listener, but a mother and a wife of listeners)
- 06 – Bill Barbour
- 06 – Steve Bickle
- 08 – Curtis Parish
- 12 – Amanda Huggenkiss
- 14 – JPCJ
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our Wiki.
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for April 26, 2017
- Plastc died on the vine
- Remarkable Image Shows a Martian Crater With NASA’s Garbage Still Inside
- Dr. Who Joins the March For Science in London
Shout out to the chat room
What us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Kyle Nishioka||Mike Wills||Steve Therrien||Saturday Morning Media|
|Chris MC||Alexis Duran||Ben Vaughn||Dennis Patnaude|
|Nick St. Gabriel||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman||Leon|
|John Noble||Brad P from NJ|
If you want to become a patron, visit https://patreon.com/technoramapodcast. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast.
- ‘Rick and Morty’ visit ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ and it’s amazing as it sounds
- New Star Wars ANH extended scene ties in Sith and Rogue One – SlashGear
- The X-Files Is Coming Back to TV For an 11th Season
Question of the week:
- What do you want to like, but just can’t?
End of Show Stuff
No show for the next few weeks due to personal and work stuff. See you on May 21!
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at email@example.com
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Or even a review on the iTunes music store.
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five